The objective of the silviculture management is to enhance the health and stocking of commercial species within the logged-over areas to optimum level.
The FMU has provides the following provision and management prescriptions to maintain and enhance the productive capacity and ecological integrity of the forest.
- Enrichment planting of fast growing indigenous species such as Kelampayan and other suitable local species to improve the timber stocking.
- Mosaic planting method would be conducted in those degraded areas.
- Climbers cutting would be done in harvested area.
- Seedlings will be raised, either from wildings collected in the field or from seeds germinated in the nursery.
- Mother trees for seedling and wilding supply will be identified and marked.
- Implementing reforestation programme in poorly stocked areas, which has little regeneration potential based on pre-F inventory data through log tracking, skid trails or otherwise strip lines.